If you're like most people, you might believe that eating healthy requires a lot of work. From planning out meals to grocery shopping to buying quality ingredients – it can seem like a mass effort sometimes. That’s not to say the effort’s not worth it -- but a big effort that sometimes seems easier to simply avoid, right?
We all know that eating the right foods, especially vegetables, is essential to better health. But what if you're not a huge fan of shopping, chopping, and prepping? As it usually goes, the things that are the best at keeping us healthy and nourished aren't always the easiest path to take. It takes some practice and trial and error to find your sweet spot for infusing health into your day on a daily basis – and one great place to start is finding some simple ways to add more veggies into your day.
Here are my 4 favorite ways that you can add veggies into your day...
1. Use Veggies to Kick Off Your Day
Vegetables are not just for lunch and dinner. Kick off every morning with veggies on your plate. Throw a handful of kale into your morning smoothie or use last night's leftover veggies to whip up an omelet. There are numerous ways to add veggies to your morning meal, and getting them in early means you’re well on your way to eating your daily servings of veggies by dinner time.
2. Go for Frozen
Fresh veggies are typically the better option, but chopping and preparing vegetables from scratch isn't always practical for many of us. So, stock up on frozen veggies on your next supermarket run. Freezing vegetables is considered minimal processing, as many of the veggies will still retain a lot of their nutritional value. Having frozen vegetables on hand at all times leaves you no room for excuses when you’re in a time pinch.
3. Double Up
When you're preparing salads, soups, pasta sauce, or a healthy casserole, double the amount of vegetables that the recipe calls for. Stir extra veggies into your soups or put an extra portion into your sauce. You’ll only enhance the flavor and nutritional value, so it’s a win-win!
4. Join the Meatless Monday Movement
If you’re a meat eater, have you started going meatless on Mondays yet? This is an excellent way to get more veggies onto your plate every week, and it's simple. Just cut out meat on Mondays and dedicate your plate to more fruits and vegetables. If Monday is not convenient, pick another day that works for you. Not only will you be lowering your grocery bill and getting more nutrients by eating more veggies, but you're also trying something new, and variety is the spice of life!
Vegetables are a fabulous source of many beneficial nutrients for your body. When you cut back on processed foods and "sneak" more vegetables into your day - you're making better choices that set you up for a lifetime of healthy habits.
So, what are a few ideas that have sparked? What’s on the plate next week for Meatless Monday? I’d love to hear your ideas, so hit reply and let me know what you plan on cooking up!
Finishing on this sparkling note, let me add something. If you think or you want to learn more, need more directions, ready to change your life, please contact me for your free discover session. If you are ready for bigger step i have a variety of options for you: clean eating, detox and many more. Stay tune for my upcoming spring detox. Enjoy your freebies. be healthy and happy. I can help you, just knock into my door and you will never regret. With Love, Lilia
Spring is a time of renewal – a time that the world around us blooms and sprouts in beauty – and there’s an innate desire within us to do the same. The heaviness of Winter is still lingering, but when the sun starts shining a little warmer, we desire to go into major spring cleaning mode.
This could mean our homes, closets, eating habits, relationships, and maybe even a social media detox -- who can’t use that every once in awhile!? Needless to say, we are thirsting to feel a little lighter, in more ways than one, when Spring finds us.
Here are a few ways you can feel lighter this Spring…
1. Simplify. Simplify your meals and you’ll feel like a brand new person. Meal planning, grocery shopping, having to think of what’s for dinner each night… it’s exhausting. Try eating very simply for the next week and see how things shift for you. Eat whole foods, with few ingredients and low prep time. Think mason jar salads or roasted broccoli and a small piece of grilled salmon. Simplicity.
2. When life gives you lemons. It may sound incredibly simple, but that’s what we’re doing here! Simple, beneficial changes that don’t overwhelm. Add a squeeze of lemon into your water in the morning (and throughout the day, if you wish) and enjoy the alkalizing, naturally detoxification benefits. Your digestive system will thank you and you’ll enjoy a nice boost of natural energy.
3. Start small. Make a list of what you’d like to declutter in your home. Start small, and make a list of which tasks have priority. Can you not even remember the last time you’ve worn one whole half of your closet? Start there. Start with whatever is the biggest burden on you. The state of your surroundings has a huge impact on your overall wellbeing.
4. Improvements. What have you been hoping to add to your life to give it more value? Have you been meaning to start painting again? Have you been promising yourself for months that you were finally going to start working out, or reading more? What instantly pops in your head when you read this? Start by adding one thing in the next week that will improve the quality of your life. Perhaps that’s a new, relaxing evening ritual or a commitment to get bi-weekly massages for stress relief. Pick one thing, and go for it!
Baby steps coupled with consistent, daily action will get you there in no time, without overwhelm. I’d love to hear what you pick. Hit reply and let me know what new thing you’re going to start next week to add more quality to your days, and I’ll let you know what I picked!
What are you planning to do? Are you ready to detox/clean your life and body? Are you ready to shed that unwanted pounds? Or you just simply ready to bring something new to your life, feel happy, healthy and sexy again? Do you want to say good buy to your stress and depression, bring your life and hormones to a balance?So many questions, ha? But the good news, i van help you to find answers, i can help you to find out why you are sabotaging your life and whats behind it. And the most important, I can teach you how to transform your life. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Just one click, contact me, make an appointment and you will feel much better just with one conversation. Put your fear behind, make a step toward happy YOU.
P.S. My 21 Days recharge is coming soon. If you are ready, don't want to wait for a group and you need a personal approach, please contact me right away. I'll be more then happy to start with you 1:1. Love, Lilia