Throwing a salad together seems simple enough…but does simple mean boring?
Salad generally isn’t something we search around to find new recipes for — it’s usually the same old routine, which can indeed become drab.
But guess what? It doesn’t have to be that way. (Whew)
It’s time to mix things up and make salads exciting, delicious and something you crave…and once you get creative and find your flow, this will undoubtedly be the case!
I certainly don’t have to convince you that salads are good for you. Salads generously provide you a healthy helping of nutrient-packed greens, nourishing raw veggies and an extra pep in your step afterwards.
With so many perks all in one bowl, it’s time to re-kindle your relationship with salads and get them back on your plate.
Here are 3 tips for making killer salads that you will long for:
1. Use ingredients that are fresh and in season. Take a trip to the Farmers Market or your local healthy grocery store to pick up some local, fresh and in season produce…your taste buds will thank you. For some inspiration, a few of my favorite veggies currently in season are any greens, radishes, raw zucchini (yes, raw and I will give you the recipe from my favorite 21 Day Raw food recharge program down below.).
2. Mix it up. Get creative with your ingredients and play with mixing textures. Combining raw veggies with one cooked veggie can really take it up a notch. For example, roasting some broccoli, mushrooms or onions to add to your salad will add an interesting and delicious element to your plate. Do you already have some ideas brewing? Don’t forget the fruit! Adding berries to a summer salad is refreshing and quenches that taste for something sweet.
3. Spin your greens. After you wash your greens, spinning them dry will help them not become soggy or too wet to absorb your ingredients and dressing. So break out that Salad Spinner and spin away!
Honestly, I'm not a 100% raw food eater, but when the warm weather is approaching, my body is begging me for more and more raw veggies, fruits, berries and greens, of course. And because listening to my body is something I learned and is very important, I'm not resisting what it asks for. As I promised here is the one of my favorite recipe.
Raw Pad Thai
Optional Toppings: Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Avocado slices, ½ cup sprouts
You need a large bowl. Spiral your zucchini with a vegetable spiralizer. If you didn’t get a spiralizer, just cut it lengthwise with a vegetable peeler. Add in carrots, sliced pepper, cabbage and sprouts. Blend all of the ingredients for the sauce in a high- speed blender until completely smooth. Pour half of the sauce into cabbage mixture, toss & coat. Pour the remaining sauce over each portion. Top with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and avocado. Enjoy!!!!!!
Are your ideas brewing already? What are you inspired to throw in your next salad? Hit ‘reply’ or comment and tell me what you’re ‘cookin’ up!
I know you’ll want something else special to put atop that delectable salad in your near future, so I’ve included one of my favorite easy, homemade salad dressing recipes for you below as well. Enjoy!
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Olive oil -- 1/2 cup
• Balsamic Vinegar -- 1/3 cup
• Dijon Mustard -- 1⁄2 teaspoon
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Basil -- 1⁄2 teaspoon
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine in jar with lid, shake and store.
I think I've give you something not just to think about but to try and taste. If you want to try a new approach of cleansing your body and like the recipe, then 21 Day Raw Food recharge is for you and you can learn more about it here http://www.liliaswellness.com/21-day-raw-food-recharge.html.
If you the one who has a difficult relationship with food, trying to lose weight but feeling stocked, want to learn more about stress reduction and how it's affecting your weight loss process, how to eat with intention or you just simply want to talk about your challenges, or simply need somebody to listen to you, I'm inviting you to my FREE consultation, where we can talk about everything t, that on your way to live the life you deserve and wish for. Click here to connect with me